|resources:||Home Mailing List Installation Source Code Members Bugs Screenshots|
TransferHTTP supports audio call, web session hand-off and content sharing between two or
more web browsers using SIP as its transport mechanism.
*** Please note that it only works on Linux Distros.
- Download this shared lib - libpjsipsharedlib-1.3.
- Unzip it and copy to "/usr/lib/" via the Terminal.
- Run "sudo ldconfig".
- Install the extension - TransferHTTP-1.3 for Firefox 2.0.0.x- and restart the web browser.
- Click on HTTP Mobility in the Menubar, choose Preferences and enter your settings. **It is yet to work in an IMS Mode, so you can leave the IMS TAB blank.
- Type the destination SIP Address in the "To:" textfield in the statusbar.
- You are advised to close and reload your browser now to keep the settings.
- Choose "Register Client" to register with a SIP Proxy Server. **You can view the registration status via a network tool such as wireshark and ethereal.
- To transfer your web session "to" another PC when browsing, choose "Content Sharing" or "Session Hand-off".
- A notification appears in your status bar whenever a session transfer is made to your web browser. Choose "Accept Session" then click the "OK" button to view the resource.
Using this extension in a Peer-to-Peer Environment:
You could use this extension without having a SIP Proxy Server. Nonetheless, you are still required to choose "Register Client" first before doing a web session hand-off or content sharing. Here is the TransferHTTP-1.2 for Firefox 2.0.0.x and the shared library - libpjsipsharedlib-1.2 - for Peer-to-Peer Environment.
Using this extension in a Client-Server Environment:
You could also use this extension with a SIP Proxy Server or a Converged Application Server. There are now a number of control services for Web session hand-off or content sharing. Please visit http://transferhttp.berlios.de for more information.
- Restarting the browser after entering your settings (Step. 7 above) is a tweak to prevent you from losing your settings should the browser crash.
- Should you deregister, the statusbar notification will no longer change until you restart the Web browser.